Step 1. EQUIP Training
Training consists of two online trainings for up to 30 mentoring program staff members.
Examples of topics covered in the training:
- Foundation and research basis of the Third Edition of the EEPM
- Benefits and challenges of engaging in a quality improvement process
- How to prepare to complete a program self-assessment
- Overview of the EQUIP life cycle
- The structure and content of the EQUIP self-assessment tool
- How to access and use the EQUIP web-based software tool
Step 2: Program Self-Assessment
Using EQUIP’s web-based software self-assessment tool, your trained program administrator answers questions about your specific program practices and provides supporting documentation. In this step, you’re able to describe your unique challenges for achieving or maintaining compliance with the standards. In fact, this is an opportunity to use the findings available in your Self-Assessment Report in your requests for resources from funders.
Step 3: External Review
Once the self-assessment is complete, we conduct an external review. EQUIP is designed for objectivity; separate individuals can independently, reliably, and consistently determine if your program is in compliance with each benchmark.